Very few girls use Facebook. Here are some reasons why.
- Out-dated: “Facebook is a bit cliché, it’s a bit old now”. “It’s been around so long”.
- An adult thing: “Facebook is the older people version of Instagram just without the fun.”
- Nobody’s there: “If none of your friends are on Facebook, what’s the point in having it?”
- Hard to use: “How to do stuff, how to post, how to chat is harder on Facebook than Instagram”.¬
- The Look: “The look of Facebook is not as appealing, Instagram is a bit more attractive and has better editing stuff”.
- Not safe: “The privacy settings are too hard to use so you don’t feel safe”. “I listened to a podcast that has evidence that Facebook follows you and listens to your conversations.”
- Not thirteen: “My parents don’t let me use it yet because Year 7 girls are not supposed to”