In Term 2 and 3 of this year, approximately 160 Year 8 girls from two schools in Southeast Queensland participated in a student wellbeing project that asked them to design social media self-help resources for girls their age. In groups of two or more, they collaborated with peers to produce a wide range of materials that provided helpful messages about social media use for teenage girls.
The information on this page is available here in a downloadable PDF [183KB].
What did they make?
- Posters with key messages, slogans and information about how to manage digital footprints.
- Slideshows with lists of helpful services and check lists about how to stay safe on social media.
- Short videos depicting girls resolving social media problems.
- Storyboards depicting possible online situations and solutions.
- Games involving Q & A challenges about social media.
- Stickers with key messages and slogans.
- T-shirts with key messages.
Girls' messages and slogans
What girls said about project work
Two special acronyms
*For more information, see the SMASH Festival.