Four Reasons Girls Love YouTube
- It is easy to use. You just search it [i.e., the topic] and it comes up.
- There are so many different genres on there “you’ll always find something of interest to you.”
- “It’s good for everything like it’s educational but also it’s good if you just want a break or want to relax or have a good laugh.”
- It helps you to build confidence if you’re not too sure how to do something or you want to know what to do in particular situations. For example, “like you’re in this puberty stage, so you want to see make-up tutorials or how other people would dress or what they would do in certain situations.”
Video Clip Priorities
- Weird stuff, advertising, and pornography. “You need to close this stuff down straight away.”
- Fake News: “sometimes there’ll be fake news and a person might believe it and sometimes it tells you lies and sometimes it tells you stuff you don’t want to know.”
- Ones that make you anxious “…like vids about monster waves and tornadoes and dangerous things that could happen in Australia”.